Saturday, September 18, 2010

Scrapfest!

We, Sharon, Barb & I, had a wonderful day. Wow, what a day. We got up at o'dark:30, and left town by 6:15. Stopped once for a potty break and to stretch our legs, but arrived at the Mall of America by 9. Register at Archiver's, which is on the 3rd floor, but the make & takes were on the first floor in the east and south wings of the mall. Classes were held in the center rotunda on the first floor, and there was a voting contest for the best 7 Gypsies tray. We walked soooo much. Got to make 9 make & takes of the 30 available. Wait times were from 10-40 minutes for us, but some places wait time was up to 1 1/2 hours. I got to see Tim Holtz, Julianna Hudgins, and Heidi Swapp.

We wanted to take in Hero Arts, Prima and EK Success but the lines were long, and the time we had left was short.

If I were to do it again, I'd wear different shoes. Also, I'd take a bag to carried my make & takes in. And finally I'd find a place to sit, a bit more often.

All-in-all, it was great. I hope I can do it again in the future. Until then, I'll just keep plugging along with my friends.

No comments: